Exchanges & Returns
- How to Exchange or Return an Item
Need to exchange or return for a different size? No problem!
Simply request a Returns Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number within 14 days of receiving your order.
- Sign into your account and under My Orders, select the order number containing the items you would like to return.
- Click on the CREATE A RETURN/EXCHANGE button and follow the steps
- Check the box to agree with our Returns Policy. We will then send you an email containing your RMA (Returns Merchandise Authorization) and courier reference number.
Next, all you need to do is book your free collection! Follow the steps below and send your return back to us within the next 14 days.
- Your return will be collected for free via the same delivery method that you selected when placing your order.
- For UPS, call +1 800 823 7459 or drop your shipment off at your local UPS store or any UPS facility. For DHL, visit dhl.com and choose your country to find the telephone number of your nearest DHL. Remember to quote our courier reference number.
If you have used THE OUTNET Premier delivery service, you will be contacted within 24 hours with a 2-hour collection window.
- Sign the returns proforma invoice that you received with your order with the relevant information (and fill in the DHL air waybill if applicable).
- Make sure you send all the items you wish to return from an order in the same shipment. Your exchange or refund will then be processed quicker.
- Leave your package open until the driver has checked the contents.
- You will be notified by email once your return has been received and processed.
We recommend that items are returned from the same country to which they were delivered. This ensures that your return is covered by our free returns policy and reaches us promptly. Orders sent back from a different destination may incur additional charges or be delayed by customs.
For more information, please contact Customer Care.
We have extended the dates of our holiday season returns policy to make purchasing a gift even easier. Orders placed between Tuesday November 24, 2015 and Thursday December 24, 2015 can be exchanged or returned for a refund until Sunday January 3, 2016.
We recommend that you return items to us via DHL, UPS or THE OUTNET Premier Service so that they are protected and insured during delivery. However, you can return the goods by any secure means. If you are using an alternative returns option, please notify Customer Care. Our returns address is:
725 Darlington Avenue,
Please note that we cannot accept liability for goods that are not returned via DHL, UPS or THE OUTNET Premier Service.
- When DHL or UPS have picked up your parcel, you can use the return air waybill number to track the progress of your return.
- Once it has been received by us, we will send you a notification email. Depending on our processing times, it can take up to 48 hours between the parcel being signed for and the email being sent out.
- Your return will checked within 24 hours and as soon as it has been accepted, we will start processing your exchange. This usually takes up to 48 hours. Once it has been dispatched, you will receive a dispatch confirmation email with your new tracking number.
To follow the status of your exchange you can also go to Tracking Your Order in My Account.
Our exchange service is free! However, if you are based outside the US you will need to pay taxes and duties on the new item.
- Once DHL or UPS have picked up your parcel, you can track the progress of your return using the return air waybill number.
- Once the item has been received by us, we will send you a notification email. Depending on our processing times, it can take up to 48 hours between when the parcel is signed for and when the notification is sent.
- We will check your return within 24 hours and as soon as it has been accepted, we will send you a confirmation email that your refund has been issued.
- Refunds can take up to 10 working days to show in your account due to varying processing times between payment providers.
- Your refund will exclude the delivery cost (unless free Ground shipping was selected) and $7.95 for your return. All sales taxes are included in your refund if your order has been sent to a destination within the US. Outside the US, customs duties and sales taxes are non-refundable.
- When requesting a refund, you can select your original payment method or a Store Credit refund. Store Credit will automatically be deducted at checkout when you next place an order.
Your return should be sent back to us within 28 days. Returns received outside this timeframe will be accepted at the discretion of THE OUTNET and if so, may only be refunded as Store Credit.
Items should be returned new, unused and with all THE OUTNET and designer garment tags still attached. Returns that are damaged, marked or altered will not be accepted and will be sent back to the customer.
Where provided, belts and any designer packaging such as authenticity cards, dust bags and leather tags should be included with your return.
Please notify Customer Care if any of your purchases have been delivered without THE OUTNET tags. All items returned should have a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
Clearance and Weekend Shop-In items
Items purchased during Clearance and Weekend Shop-In events are final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged.
All shoes must be tried on a carpeted surface until you are 100% sure you are keeping them. Shoes should be returned unmarked and in their original, undamaged shoe box as this is considered part of the product. Shoes that are returned without a box, in a damaged box or with scratched soles will not be accepted and will be sent back to the customer.
Lingerie and Swimwear
Briefs, swimsuits and bikini bottoms must be tried on over underwear, without removing the protective adhesive strip. Returns will not be accepted if this strip has been removed or if items are soiled and will be sent back to the customer
Issues of PORTER magazine purchased from THE OUTNET cannot be returned or exchanged for refund or store credit.
Goods are classified as faulty if they are received damaged or where a manufacturing fault occurs within six months of purchase. Please note that items that are damaged as a result of wear and tear are not considered to be faulty.
For all faulty items outside of our Returns Policy, please contact Customer Care.
We have made every effort to display the colors of our products that appear on THE OUTNET as accurately as possible. However, as computer monitors and devices may vary, we cannot guarantee that your screen?s display of any color will be completely accurate.
We offer a flexible returns policy to make your shopping experience with us even easier. However, we do monitor the number of returns made and it is within our discretion to refuse to accept orders if goods are repeatedly returned or there is a high volume of returns.