Terms and conditions
THE OUTNET is a trading name of The Net-a-Porter Group Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 3820604. Our registered address is 1 The Village Offices, Westfield London Shopping Centre, Ariel Way, London W12 7GF. Our VAT number is GB 243 0645 31. If you have any comments about THE OUTNET, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may modify the TOS from time to time. Please read the TOS and check back often. If you do not agree to any change to the TOS then you must immediately stop using the Site. Any changes made after you have placed an order will not affect that order unless we are required to make the change by law.
To use some of the services or features made available to you on this Site, you will need to register. When you register you are required to provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. Should any of your registration information change, please notify us immediately at the following e-mail address email@example.com. We may also change registration requirements from time to time.
The account password you provide should be unique and kept secure, and you must notify THE OUTNET immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- Eligibility to purchase
In order to make purchases on the Site you will be required to provide your personal details. In particular, you must provide your real name, phone number, e-mail address and other requested information as indicated. Furthermore, you will be required to provide payment details that you represent and warrant are both valid and correct and you confirm that you are the person referred to in the Billing information provided.
The Site is available only to individuals and others who meet THE OUTNET terms of eligibility, who have been issued a valid credit/debit card by a bank acceptable to THE OUTNET, whose applications are acceptable THE OUTNET and who have authorized THE OUTNET to process a charge or charges on their credit/debit card in the amount of the total purchase price for the merchandise which they purchase. Products purchased by the buyer are for personal or gift use and should not be re-sold, used for commercial purposes or any other commercial benefit. In addition, THE OUTNET reserves the right to restrict multiple quantities of an item being shipped to any one customer or postal address.
By making an offer to purchase merchandise, you expressly authorize us to perform credit checks, and where THE OUTNET feels necessary, to transmit or to obtain information (including any updated information) about you to or from third parties, including but not limited to your credit/debit card number or credit reports (including credit reports for your spouse if you reside in a community property jurisdiction), to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit/debit card, to obtain an initial credit/debit card authorization and to authorize individual purchase transactions.
Furthermore, you agree that we may use Personal Information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti fraud checks. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
THE OUTNET offers products for sale that are in stock and available for dispatch from our distribution center. All orders are sold on a first come, first served basis and are subject to acceptance and availability.
Please note that items in your shopping basket are not reserved and may be purchased by other customers. When participating in 'Clearance sales' customers must complete the check out procedure within the specified timeframes.
Please see our Promotions for more information.
THE OUTNET will store a record of your transactions for a minimum of one year.
- Pricing policy
Prices shown on the site are in GBP or Euros and are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate unless you have selected an alternative country where VAT is not chargeable, as indicated in the top left hand corner of the Site.
All prices and offers remain valid as advertised from time to time. The GBP or Euros price of a product displayed on the Site at the time the order is accepted will be honored, except in cases of patent error.
All prices remain static for the duration of the selling period (apart from Promotion events) allowing for a stable environment in which customers can shop globally.
Customers buying from outside the UK will also incur carriage costs and any duties levied by the jurisdiction to which you have specified delivery. If you are a customer whose credit/debit card is not denominated in Sterling or Euros, the final price will be calculated in accordance with the applicable exchange rate on the day your card issuer processes the transaction.
Participation in Clearance sales and weekly promotions is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Clearance sales are open to all registered customers.
- Customers must be registered with the International Site to participate in International Clearance sales.
- All items are sold on a first come, first served basis and must be purchased before the timer expires.
The 'Spend More, Save More' promotion can only be applied on selected styles and the stated threshold must be met before shipping costs are applied (threshold includes taxes and duties). The promotion ends 10am BST, Friday June 10th and cannot be used in conjunction with other discount offers. Your discount will be applied automatically at checkout and the thresholds to qualify are:
- Spend over £100, get 10% off
- Spend over £200, get 20% off
- Spend over £300, get 30% off
- Spend over £400, get 40% off
Promotion codes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Furthermore, they cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offers, and must be redeemed by the date published, if provided.
- Refer a friend
Participation in THE OUTNET's (a subsidiary of the Net-A-Porter Group Limited) Refer a Friend program is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Refer a Friend program, you indicate that you have read, understand and accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide and be bound by them.
- The Refer a Friend program shall begin on 23rd August 2012. If we make materials changes to the Refer a Friend program, we will notify you here.
- To receive the store credit you must be registered with an account on THE OUTNET.COM. If you are not currently registered, you will need to do so before you can receive the store credit.
- To receive store credit, your friend must not be a current customer of THE OUTNET and must not have already purchased from the OUTNET.
- The store credit will be credited to your THE OUTNET account after your friend has made their first purchase at THE OUTNET. You will be notified via email once the credit is applied. Their first purchase must be made within 30 days of receiving the Refer a Friend email from you. Purchases made after 30 days will not qualify for store credit.
- The email address used by your friend for their first purchase must be the same email address to which you sent the Refer a Friend email.
- Your friend's first purchase can be for any item(s) on the site and does not only apply to the item(s) you sent them via the Refer a Friend email.
- Your account will be credited with store credit for each friend who makes their first purchase at THE OUTNET. The store credit will only be issued once per friend and for their first purchase only.
- The store credit will be issued 28 days after their purchase if your friend keeps at least one item ordered from their first purchase. If your friend(s) choose to return all of the items(s) from their first purchase, you will not receive the store credit.
- Items sent to your friend via any means other than a Refer a Friend email do not qualify for store credit.
- A qualifying referral can only be made via email, Facebook or Twitter by clicking the icon at the top of the website, from THE OUTNET email newsletter, the 'My Account' page or from your Wish List. Only referrals that you make using the above mentioned methods will qualify for the Refer a Friend store credit reward. Sharing directly from product pages will not constitute a referral under this Refer a Friend program.
- Items sent to referred friends who are also members of the same household in which you reside, will not qualify for store credit.
- If your friend receives more than one Refer a Friend email from multiple senders, the store credit will be issued to the last sender only.
- The value of the store credit will be £20 or ?20 per friend. Store credit is valid for 12 months from the date of receipt and may only be redeemed on www.theoutnet.com. The store credit is non-transferable and there is no cash or other alternative available. Store credits that are not redeemed within the 12 month period will be forfeited.
- By using the Refer a Friend functionality you acknowledge and agree not to use it to send unsolicited commercial messages to people you do not know or send identical (or substantially similar) messages to multiple recipients.
- Please note THE OUTNET is not liable or responsible for the misuse of the Refer a Friend email functionality. THE OUTNET accepts no responsibility for lost, corrupted, delayed or mis-transmitted Refer a Friend emails. Furthermore, THE OUTNET reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse store credits or withdraw applied store credits and close customer accounts if it considers any registered user of THE OUTNET to have acted inappropriately, dishonestly, fraudulently or to have misused the Refer a Friend program. Sending emails to an alternate email account that belongs to you will be considered fraud.
- THE OUTNET is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of these Terms and Conditions, any Refer a Friend email, and/or in the administration of THE OUTNET Refer a Friend program.
- THE OUTNET is not responsible or liable in any manner to any registered user who is unable to accept or use all or any portion of the store credit due to failure to qualify or comply with these Terms and Conditions, or any law, regulation or other rules that apply to acceptance, receipt, or fulfilment or use of the store credit.
- THE OUTNET reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Refer a Friend program at any time, to substitute a reward of equivalent value for the store credit offered initially and to change the value of the store credit award at any time, where THE OUTNET considers it reasonable and necessary to do so for security, regulatory or other legal or commercial reason. Reasonable notice will be given where possible. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures, other statements, or other communications or materials concerning or related to the Refer a Friend program and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- THE OUTNET reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. If we make materials changes to the Refer a Friend program, we will notify you here.
- By participating in the Refer a Friend program, you agree to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless THE OUTNET, The Net-A-Porter Group Limited and their associated entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents (the "Releasees") from any and all liability or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind directly or indirectly arising from or in connection with:
- - Your registration with THE OUTNET;
- - our participation in the Refer a Friend program;
- - The awarding, delivery, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any store credit or other award, including without limitation, death and bodily injury;
- - Any information posted or shared by you;
- - Any software you use in connection with posting such information in the sub-clause above; or
- - Any unauthorised disclosure of confidential information by you.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be interpreted in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Any action arising out of these terms shall be litigated in, and only in, the courts of England and Wales, and all members hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts and further agree that they are a convenient forum for you.
- Please sent any questions or concerns to: THE OUTNET (a subsidiary of The Net-A-Porter Group Limited) whose registered offices is at 1 The Village Offices, Westfield London Shopping Centre, Ariel Way, London W12 7GF. If you have any concerns about the Refer a Friend program, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us on 0800 011 4250 or +44 (0) 330 022 4250.
- Acceptance of your order
Once you have made your choice and your order has been placed, you will receive an email acknowledging the details of your order. This email is NOT an acceptance of your order, just a confirmation that we have received it.
Unless you cancel your order, acceptance of your order and completion of the contract between you and THE OUTNET will be completed when we email you to confirm the goods have been dispatched. The sale contract is therefore concluded in London, England and the language of the contract is English. Neither our third party payment processor nor our nominated courier has the authority to accept an order on behalf of THE OUTNET.
We reserve the right not to accept your order in the event, for example, that we are unable to obtain authorization for payment, that shipping restrictions apply to a particular item, that the item ordered is out of stock or does not satisfy our quality control standards and is withdrawn, or that you do not meet the eligibility criteria set out within the TOS.
We may also refuse to process and therefore accept a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any merchandise from the Site whether or not that merchandise has been sold, removing, screening or editing any materials or content on the Site, refusing to accept a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
Whilst every effort is made to make sure details on our website are accurate, we may from time to time discover an error in the pricing of products. If we discover an error in the pricing of a product in your order, we will let you know as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to accept or fulfil an order for a product that was advertised at an incorrect price and reserve the right to cancel such an order that has been accepted or is in transit. If you order a product that is priced incorrectly for any reason, we will email or telephone you to inform you that we have not accepted your order and/or that the relevant part of your order has been cancelled. If you have already paid for the goods, we shall refund the full amount as soon as we are able. In the event that products are recalled in transit, we will process your refund once the products have been returned to us.
Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro and JCB cards, and any other methods which may be clearly advertised on the Site from time to time. You can also choose to pay with PayPal. When selecting this option at checkout, you will be directed to the PayPal site to 'Log In' and review the amount shown before clicking 'Pay Now'. Once this transaction is complete, you will then return to THE OUTNET. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account upon completion of the packing of your order by THE OUTNET. You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours or that you have been specifically authorized by the owner of the credit/debitncard to use it. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorize payment to THE OUTNET, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
We take reasonable care to make our Site secure. All credit/debit card transactions on this site are processed using Datacash, a secure online payment gateway that encrypts your card details in a secure host environment. If you are a registered THE OUTNET user, we will securely store your credit/debit card details on our systems. These details will be fully encrypted and only used to process card transactions which you have initiated.
To help ensure that your shopping experience is safe, simple and secure THE OUTNET uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Furthermore, we will take reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Site.
- Gift Cards
THE OUTNET Gift Cards are sold subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Gift Cards are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Gift Cards can be redeemed against all products at www.theoutnet.com.
- Gift Cards are non-transferable, can only be used on the YOOX NET-A-PORTER site for which they are issued and may not be returned or redeemed for cash.
- If your order total is less than the value of the Gift Card, the remaining balance will be credited to your account and will be redeemed against subsequent orders. You may check your Gift Card balance online via your My Account page.
- If your order exceeds the value of the Gift Card and you have existing store credit on your account, this will automatically be redeemed to cover the remaining balance. All remaining balances exceeding the value of your gift credit or store credit must be paid by credit or debit card.
- If you return products you have purchased using a Gift Card, the remaining balance will be credited to your account as store credit and will be redeemed against subsequent orders. You may check your Store Credit balance online via your My Account page.
- Gift Cards will be e-mailed to the recipient once the full order has been processed and payment has been taken. A copy will also be sent to the sender as confirmation of dispatch.
- THE OUTNET is not liable for delivery of a Gift Card to an incorrect or non-existent email address. This is the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- THE OUTNET is not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
- THE OUTNET reserves the right to cancel a Gift Card if we deem such action necessary.
- Promotion codes cannot be applied to the purchase of Gift Cards.
- Sales tax and shipping is applicable on any products purchased with a Gift Card.
- Insurance and delivery
You will own the goods on and from the later of the point in time when: (a) we receive payment in full, or (b) we deliver the goods to you.
THE OUTNET insures each purchase during the time it is in transit until it is delivered to your specified delivery address. We require a signature for any goods delivered, at which point responsibility for your purchased goods passes to you. If you have specified a recipient who is not you for delivery purposes (for example as a gift) then you accept that evidence of a signature by them (or at that delivery address) is evidence of delivery and fulfilment by THE OUTNET and transfer of responsibility in the same way. The goods are your responsibility from the time we deliver them to the address you gave us.
Please note that we aim to dispatch all orders within 48 hours. Delivery times appearing on the Site are estimates and are to be used as a guide only and commence from the date of dispatch. In any event, we will deliver the goods to you within 30 days of the day on which we accept your order. THE OUTNET is not responsible for any delays caused by destination customs clearance processes.
If delivery is delayed by any event outside of our control, we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimize the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to cancel your order and we will give you a refund for any goods you have paid for but not received.
- Cancellations, Returns and Exchanges
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER UNDER THE CONSUMER CONTRACTS (INFORMATION, CANCELLATION AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES) REGULATIONS 2013
If you are based in the EU under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (ICACRs), you have the right to cancel your order with us provided you give us written notice.Right to Cancel under the ICACRs
You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire 14 days from the day after the day on which you (or someone you nominate, other than a carrier) receives the last of the goods.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us by letter to: Notice of Contract Cancellation, Customer Care Department, THE OUTNET DC1, Unit 3, Charlton Gate Business Park, Anchor and Hope Lane, London SE7 7RU, or by email to: email@example.com. You may also use the cancellation form but it is not obligatory.
For orders cancelled under the ICACRs, we will issue you with a full refund including the shipping cost paid by you. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
We will make reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
(i) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any of the goods supplied; or
(ii) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide us with evidence that the good have been returned; or
(iii) if no goods were supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your cancellation.
We will make reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
In the event that we have sent goods to you and you have cancelled your order, we may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent the goods back, whichever is the earliest. If we do not receive the cancelled goods back, we may arrange to have them collected from you at your cost.
You shall return cancelled orders to: THE OUTNET.COM, Unit 4, Old Parkbury Lane, Colney Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL2 2DZ, United Kingdom, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from day on which you communicate your cancellation of the contract to us. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the cost of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling, other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Please note you may only use your right to cancel the order under the ICASRs if you give us formal written notice of cancellation any time after your order has been placed, up until 14 calendar days from the day after you receive your order, by email or post as described above, i.e. before requesting a return through your account.
Our FREE COLLECTIONS SERVICE (see below) is not available for orders cancelled under the ICACRs.RETURNS AND EXCHANGES USING OUR FREE COLLECTION SERVICE
As an alternative to using your rights under the ICACRs, you may prefer to return or exchange items using our free returns and exchanges collection service. You must have your purchase sent back to us within 28 days of receipt, for a refund of the value of the item only, or an exchange for the same item in a different size, based on stock availability. If you wish to exchange your item for an alternative product, we suggest that you return it for a store credit and purchase the new item separately.
Please refer to our Returns & Exchanges policy for further information.
Shipping is complementary on the replacement item, but exchanges made to destinations outside of the EU will be processed for customs clearance and therefore any relevant import duty and tax charges will apply. If you selected PayPal when you placed your order, any applicable taxes and duties on your exchange should be paid with your debit or credit card. See costs for Shipping and Returns.
Please note our free collection service is not available for orders cancelled under the ICACRs.Back to top
Items should be returned unused, and with all THE OUTNET and designer garment tags still attached. Returns that are damaged or soiled will not be accepted and will be sent back to the customer and/or a refund refused.
Where provided, belts and any designer packaging such as authenticity cards, dust bags and leather tags should be included with your return.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if any of your purchases have been delivered without THE OUTNET tags.
You will need to inform us before you return a purchase. Unidentified items will be returned to the sender.
Please seek to return the items within 28 days of receiving your order. Please note that returns requested outside of this period will be granted at our discretion.
All shoes should be tried on a carpeted surface before wear.
Lingerie & swimwear
Briefs, swimming costumes and bikini bottoms should be tried on over underwear, without removing the protective adhesive strip. Returns will not be accepted if this strip has been removed or if items are soiled, and will be sent back to the customer.
Goods are faulty if they are received damaged or where a manufacturing fault occurs within six months of purchase. Items that are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear are not considered to be faulty.
If your item is faulty when you receive it, you can return it for a refund. Simply request a return and have the faulty goods sent back to us within 30 days of the day you received them.
If you discover a fault after this time, but within six months of purchase, you can still return it. Where possible, we will offer to repair the item. If it cannot be repaired and the same product is still available, we will send you a replacement. If the same product is no longer available, you are entitled to a full refund.
If you would like to exchange a faulty item instead of obtaining a refund, please be aware that we can only replace it for the same product in the same size, subject to availability.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear on the Site. However, as computer monitors vary, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be completely accurate.
We offer a flexible returns policy to make your online shopping experience even easier. However, we do monitor the number of returns made and may refuse to accept orders at our discretion if goods are returned repeatedly.
- Intellectual property rights
Your use of the Site and its contents grants no rights to you in relation to any copyright, designs, trademarks and all other intellectual property and material rights relating to the Content (as described in the Content section below), including THE OUTNET Software and all HTML and other code contained in this Site. All such Content, including third party trademarks, designs and related intellectual property rights mentioned or displayed on this Site are protected by national intellectual property and other laws and international treaty provisions. You are permitted to use the Content only as expressly authorized by THE OUTNET and/or its third party licensors. Any reproduction or redistribution of the above listed Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. Without limiting the foregoing, copying and use of the above listed materials to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited. However, you are permitted to make one copy for the purposes of viewing Content for your own personal use.
In addition to the intellectual property rights mentioned above, "Content" is defined as any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio or text on this Site. THE OUTNET tries to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete. THE OUTNET does not promise that THE OUTNET's Content is accurate or error-free. THE OUTNET does not promise that the functional aspects of the Site or THE OUTNET's Content will be error free or that this Site, THE OUTNET Content or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We always recommend that all users of the Internet ensure they have up to date virus checking software Installed.
The personal opinions of the designers and labels whose products we sell, or any third parties with whom we are associated are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of THE OUTNET and we accept no responsibility for any such views expressed in any media.
- No commercial use
This Site is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer, data mine or sell any Content, software, products, or services contained within this Site. You may not use this Site, or any of its Content, to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own Site.
- Your activity
You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of this Site and for all of your communication and activity on and pursuant to this Site. If we determine that you are or have been engaged in prohibited activities, were not respectful of other users, or otherwise violated the TOS, we may deny you access to this Site on a temporary or permanent basis.
- Third party sites
We may include hyperlinks on this Site to other websites or resources operated by parties other than THE OUTNET, including advertisers. THE OUTNET has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Web Site and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages nor are we responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external websites or resources.
- Your rights
You have certain rights under the law. In England these include:
- That any products you order through this Site will be of satisfactory quality, fit for their intended purpose, and will conform to any description given on this Site;
- Certain remedies if a product is defective; and
- A right to cancel any order for a product within 14 days after the date of receipt of the product, and receive a full refund even if it is not defective (see Cancelling your Order above).
Nothing in the TOS is intended to affect these rights. For more information about your rights contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Bureau.
- Limits on our liability
We accept liability for death and personal injury arising from our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or agents.
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to affect your rights under the law (see "Your Rights" above).
If THE OUTNET fail to comply with the TOS, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer as a foreseeable result of us breaching the TOS. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract is made, both you and THE OUTNET knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process. We will only be liable for loss or damage up to 150% of the total value of goods purchased.
We are not responsible for losses not caused by our breach or negligence, indirect losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us (for example, loss of profits or loss of opportunity).
We are also not responsible for failure to meet any of our obligations under the TOS where such failure is due to events beyond our reasonable control.
At our request, you agree to compensate us fully, defend us and hold us THE OUTNET harmless immediately on demand, its officers, directors, agents, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, from and against all liabilities, claims, expenses, damages and losses, including legal fees, arising from any breach of the TOS by you including the use by any other persons accessing this Site using your Internet account caused by your action or inaction.
- Our relationship
You acknowledge and agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and THE OUTNET as a result of the TOS or your use of this Site. You agree that you may not and will not hold yourself out as a representative, agent, or employee of THE OUTNET, and we shall not be liable for any representation, act, or omission on your part.
- No waiver
If you breach the TOS and we take no action against you, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach the TOS.
- Governing law
The TOS together with all our policies and procedures will be governed by and construed in accordance with the relevant United Kingdom law and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction.