This website is owned and run by THE NET‑A‑PORTER GROUP LIMITED ("we", "our", "us"), part of YOOX NET‑A‑PORTER GROUP. If we use the term "our Group", this means us and our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (or any of them). The term "our online services" refers to NET‑A‑PORTER, MR PORTER, THE OUTNET, our mobile and tablet applications, our pages on third party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ and any other websites or apps we own or run from time to time. The term "our services" refers to our online services and any of our other products and services, such as PORTER magazine, offered from time to time. If you use any of our services, we will refer to you using the terms "user", "visitor", "you", "your", "yours" in this policy.
- What personal information do we collect from you and how?
- What about Cookies? What are cookies?
- How this information may be used
- Who we will share your personal information with
- Where we process your personal information
- Marketing opt-in and opt-out provisions
- How you can access your personal information and keep it up to date
- California Privacy Rights
- Safeguarding your personally identifiable information
- Why we link to other websites
- How we can make changes to this policy
- Where and how to ask questions or contact us about this policy
What personal data do we collect from you and how?
We collect personal information about you when you register or subscribe for one of our services, place an order, buy a gift voucher, use our online services, interact with us in any other way, such as via social media, click on an advert that we put on our or someone else's website, use our Personal Shopping services, ask for information or assistance, give us a testimonial or other feedback, comment on any blogs or articles featured in our services, attend an event that we run or sponsor, enter competitions or special promotions, sign up for our special offers or other updates, participate in research panels or fill in surveys. By registering, subscribing or using our services, you consent to the use of your personal data in line with this policy. We may also receive information about you from our Group and from third parties, with whom we have a business relationship.
The information we collect and hold about you may include your name, email address, phone and mobile phone numbers, home address, shipping and payment card billing address, payment card details, IP address, search criteria, shopping history, shopping preferences, sizings, responses to research panels and surveys, the type of browser you use (a browser is the program you use to look at websites, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari), the times when you access the site and for how long, your referring URL (the site you come from to reach our website), cell IDs (these are the unique identifiers of the telecommunications towers being used by your mobile phone when you use our locations-based services on your mobile phone or tablet) and other location information (for example, GPS measurements), photographs and other content you share with us when you use our services, date of birth, password details, answers to security questions and any other information you may give us.
We may record or monitor calls that you receive from us or make to us. We do this for security and training purposes, and to improve the services we provide to you.
What about cookies? What are cookies?
Who we will share your personal information with
Where we will process your personal information
When we use your information as described in this policy, this may involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we do this, we make sure that appropriate steps are taken to protect your personal information and your rights. By providing us with your personal information, you agree that we may transfer, store and process your information outside the EEA. Governments in certain countries such as the USA have broad powers to access data for security, crime prevention and detection and law enforcement purposes.
Marketing opt-in and opt-out provision
We offer you the chance to receive news and fashion updates which, depending on your preferences, we will discuss with you by phone or live chat, or send to you via email, SMS and/or direct mail. These include alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. You can opt-out of receiving these updates, if you wish.
We, or our third party business partners, may also ask you if you want to receive marketing if you enter a promotion or attend an event thrown or sponsored by us. Other companies in our Group may also pass your personal information to us for marketing use share your personal information for marketing us.
Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by our Group.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing. At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe from any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind.
Whenever you receive direct marketing from us, we will tell you how to unsubscribe. Alternatively you can change your marketing preferences by logging into My Account. To opt out of direct mail, please contact our Customer Care team:
- For NET‑A‑PORTER, on 0800 044 5700 (UK) or +44 330 022 5700 (from a mobile or internationally) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For MR PORTER.COM, on +44 330 022 5705 or by email at email@example.com.
- For THE OUTNET.COM, on +44 330 022 4250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you tell us that you do not want to receive direct marketing, we will still contact you in order to provide you with products and services you request and for administration purposes.
How You Can Access Your Personal Information And Keep It Up To Date
You have the right to see information we hold about you, with some exceptions which are described in the privacy laws. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please contact our privacy officer at Query.email@example.com. You will need to pay a processing fee.
You have the right to review and update your personal details. If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information we hold is not correct, please visit our online services and, after logging into the site using the "Sign In" menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the "My Account" section. Only you or, upon your request, our Customer Care team, may access your personal data from our online services using your user ID and password. Information may be changed online within "My Details", "Shipping Details", and "My Email Preferences". You can change or delete saved credit/debit card details each time you make a purchase. You will also be able to delete saved credit/debit card details by adding or editing a shipping/billing address. If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, the order will be re-processed through security validation checks. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend your personal details.
Our Live Chat provider stores all chat conversations for 13 months. To receive a copy of your chat conversation simply request this when exiting Live Chat or contact our Customer Care team by emailing email@example.com for NET‑A‑PORTER.COM chats, firstname.lastname@example.org for MR PORTER.COM chats and email@example.com for THE OUTNET.COM chats.
California privacy rights
This section applies solely to the Californian consumers’ personal information processing (excluding our employees, applicants, staff and contractors). This section is intended to address the relevant notice requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), and uses certain terms having the meaning given in the CCPA.
- Your information, sources and purposes: please refer to the sections above explaining what data we collect , how we use the personal data and the cookie collected for a description of the personal information we may collect about you (or have collected in the preceding 12 months) and the sources of such information (such as directly from you and your device or through certain third parties). These also describe the purposes for which we may use or have used such information
- Selling your information: we have not sold personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. We may allow certain third parties (such as certain advertising partners) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our platforms in an effort to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, as described in the cookie section
- Your rights: subject to exceptions under applicable law, you may have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below:
- Access: you have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months and details regarding our collection, use, disclosure of such information.
- Deletion: you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out: You have the right to manage the activation of the cookies as described in the cookie section.
To exercise your rights, described above, you can:
- call the toll-free number + 1 888 968 8638, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, excluding public holidays; or - contact us directly at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you exercise your rights, we may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity (such as your name, email address, phone number and/or address).
- No discrimination: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us.
Personal, family and household clients: In addition, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail message to our e-mail address below with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by e-mail, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83’s requirements.
Safeguarding your personal information
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided to us. We have put in place technology and security policies which are designed to protect the personal information we hold about you. We also follow the security procedures that applicable privacy laws require. These cover storing, using and releasing any information you have provided and, as well as and measures designed to prevent unauthorized access or use. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorized use.
Why we link to other websites
How we can make changes to this policy
Where and how to ask questions or contact us about this policy
If you wish to talk to a Customer Care representative, please call:
Don't hesitate to get in touch! We're available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Call us on: +1 888 9 688638