As a customer, you have legal rights to:
- change your mind and withdraw from the sale contract with YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP S.p.A. (the “Vendor”) for any reason and without incurring any penalty within twenty eight (28) days from the date on which you (or someone you nominate) received the products purchased from theoutnet.com. See section 1 below, including the exceptions to this right; or
- reject product(s) in certain circumstances, for example because they are faulty or not as described. If so, you shall notify the Vendor within thirty (30) days of receipt by requesting a return online through your account. If a product becomes faulty or you become aware of the fault after thirty (30) days,and certainly over 6 months, please contact Customer Care before returning any product to us. Items that are damaged as a result of fair wear and tear, or which are damaged by accident or through misuse are not considered to be faulty.
1. Right of withdrawal
You can exercise your right to withdraw from a contract between you and the Vendor within fourteen (14) days from the date on which you place your order with us or the date on which you (or someone you nominate) receives the relevant product(s) and returns the order to us (see section 2 below) by using one of the following methods:
(a) requesting a return through your account online. If you aren’t registered on THE OUTNET, you can arrange a return by selecting ‘CREATE A RETURN’ in the drop down menu under the My Account tab on the top left corner of our site and entering your order number. The Vendor will send you an email confirming that your return request has been received;
(b) sending the Vendor this form – to be completed in its entirety. This form must be submitted to Customer Care by email or by post to THE OUTNET DC1, Unit 3, Charlton Gate Business Park, Anchor and Hope Lane, London SE7 7RU.; or
(c) making any other clear statement to the Vendor setting out your decision to withdraw from the contract.
Once you have exercised your right to withdraw from the sale contract, you must return the products to the Vendor without undue delay and in any event not later than fourteen (14) days after the day on which you notified the Vendor of your decision to withdraw. Please see section 2 below for details of your return options.
To try an alternative size or style, just send back your order for a refund and purchase the new item separately.
Your right to change your mind and withdraw from a sales contract does not apply in respect of customised or personalised products, or items that were opened or unsealed after delivery and that cannot be returned for health or hygiene reasons.
2. Procedure for returning products to the Vendor
The Vendor recommends you return the goods using the nominated courier that delivered your purchase following the returns process outlined in the returns email received after requesting your return. If you use the pre-printed label enclosed in the original order or quote the account number provided, you will not have to pay the return costs upfront. The Vendor will pay the return shipping costs for you (except where you are exercising your legal rights to reject products - for example because they are faulty or not as described) and will deduct the cost of the return shipping from your refund. The fee will correspond to the original cost of shopping from the order By using our nominated courier, you can track your return and know that it will reach us safely and securely when in transit.
If you decide to return products using an alternative courier, you will have to pay the return shipping costs upfront. Please refer to our help section for details of our warehouse address. In this event, you will also be refunded an amount equal to the standard shipping cost of the purchased products although you will not be refunded for any additional costs incurred due to choosing another kind of shipment and delivery that is different to or faster than the standard method.
3. Acceptance of your return
You will be notified if your order cannot be accepted as it does not meet our Return Policy. If so, you will have the item(s) returned to you. If you do not wish to have the product(s) returned to you, the Vendor shall retain the product(s) and the amount paid for the purchase of the product(s).
Please be aware that, when exercising your right to withdraw in accordance with section 1 above, you will be liable for any decrease in value of the product(s) returned to the Vendor resulting from any handling of them other than what is necessary to verify their nature, characteristics and functioning. The Vendor may reduce your refund to reflect such decrease in value, up to the total amount you paid for the relevant product(s). For example the Vendor may make a reduction in the following circumstances:
- the product(s) have been used, worn, damaged or washed; the designer tag and/or protective seal attached to the product(s) have been tampered with, removed or not returned. Please note that THE OUTNET tag constitutes an integral part of each product; and/or
- you have not returned any packaging which is an integral part of a product (such as the dust bag).
You will be informed if the Vendor proposes to reduce your refund for this reason. In this instance, you may (as an alternative to the Vendor providing you with a reduced refund) choose to have the products sent back to you at your own expense.
4. Refund times and procedures
If you are entitled to return product(s) to the Vendor and have adhered to the conditions set out in this Return Policy, you will receive an email confirming that the return has been accepted (which will include the amount of refund due) and the Vendor will process the refund. The refunded amount will be the full amount you paid for the relevant product(s), subject to any deductions in accordance with sections 2 and 3.
Whatever the form of payment used, the Vendor will process the refund back to the original payment method used as quickly as possible and, in any case, within fourteen (14) days from the date it was informed of your decision to exercise your right to return, and once it has checked that the return was sent back in accordance with the above conditions.
The time period for processing refunds depends on the form of payment originally used and in line with the following:
- Purchase by credit/debit card: refund time will depend on the card company, but will normally take place within two billing cycles. The credit's value date will be the same as the original debit. You will not, therefore, suffer any losses in terms of bank interest.
- Payment by PayPal: refunds will be credited to your PayPal account and will be visible immediately. The actual reimbursement of the credit card associated with your PayPal account will depend on the company that issued the card.
You can exchange your purchase for a replacement size, subject to availability. When requesting your exchange, the available options will be listed. The replacement size will then be reserved until the returned order has been received and processed.
Should your returned item(s) adhere to the conditions set out in the Return Policy, you will receive an email confirming that the return has been accepted and inform you once your exchange has been dispatched.